Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Patience Stool

Have we become so impatient that no one will wait for anything anymore? Even if it's another person? Even if waiting means you might get something truly amazing at the end of it? Are we so driven by instant gratification that no one is patient enough to wait for anything. And when did waiting for someone become so ridiculous? When did we start dissing people for being patient?
It seems I need to have some time out on the patience stool. Apparently my mother's favourite saying "good things come to those who wait" is suddenly back in fashion. But it's a trend I'm having trouble embracing. And one which I'm just not sure is in my makeup. I don't like being told what to do and I don't like just sitting around waiting for something to happen and relying on someone else's decison making processes.
So do I sit down on the patience stool? Do I hang around like Larry Lurker to see if he actually wants to progress what we currently have - a good time - to something a little more meaningful. Or do I bail and throw myself wholeheartedly into the dating game and do my damndest to forget about him. Trouble is, the creep has infiltrated my subconsious so there is now no escape especially when sitting in front of other potential suitors. Comparison is a killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment