Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Draughts

I don't know why on earth I ever compromised myself for someone that was such a game player. And no I don't mean the sexy-time Twister type of game, I mean the 'total head-f*ck, what the hell is going on' kind of game. I'd liken our entire on again, off again relationship to a game of draughts. I was the player that never made it to the other side of the board to become King, only ever able to move forward one tiny square at a time whilst he jumped all over me like some sort of border-crossing cane toad in every direction until I was forced to admit he'd well and truly invaded my territory.
Why would a simple person with simple values like myself attempt to go head to head with someone that thrives on playing games in an effort to keep things interesting. Someone who reguarly says one thing whilst thinking the complete opposite?
Because I think I forgot that it doesn't HAVE to be that way. It doesn't have to be that hard and nor should it. I didn't have to be in a relationship where most of the time I had no idea what was going on, where I felt like every conversation, every comment was designed to make me fail some test for which I'd never seen a practice paper. Like walking into some sort of elaborate relationship trap.
Now all of a sudden I feel like I've sucked in a massive breath of fresh air; and it doesn't hurt that it's come in the form of a very nicely packaged HOT COUSIN. (Obviously not MY cousin).
How lovely to have met someone that has no interest in playing games, but someone who actually comes out and says 'what are we doing, let's not muck around, I like you let's do it'. And before you scold me, I don't mean that IT! Although...
I guess it's about finding someone that wants the same things as you just as much as it's about finding someone that you are also attracted to, someone who you like as a person and someone that makes you feel special every time you think of them.
As a wise person once said - you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you meet your prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment